Accent Challenge Tag Words and Questions
Hey there YouTubers, Zach here with another awesome video idea you can use on your channel!
We are talking about the Accent Challenge! It is quite popular on YouTube at the moment, with lots of video makers doing it with their friends or collaborating with other YouTubers for even more exposure!
Some videos even get more than 1 Million Views!
Anyways, let’s see how you can play this game and make a fun video.
What is Accent Challenge Quiz?
It is a small game that was popular before on Tumblr and recently hit the popularity amongst video makers.
There are 2 versions that are currently going on, it’s the first version on Tumblr and second version that was used on Ellen Show.
Tumblr version is pretty simple and straightforward, you pick up the camera, call someone to join you on the video or you can go solo, and you read and answer 13 questions to determine your accent.
And there is Ellen version, which consists of mimicking other’s people accents.
Traditional Tumblr Version
You start off by saying your name and where do you come from, and then there is instantly a list of words to see if you have an accent.
Then we have a list of questions that make you say some accent test words and a small reading test.
Then you just end it with your personal opinion on all this and saying the random 3 words.
Accent Tag Questions:
1. What’s your name and username
2. Where are you from?
3. Accent challenge word list: Aunt, Envelope, Route, Theater, Caught, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Coupon, Tumblr, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, GPOY, Lawyer, Water, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Iron, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, New Orleans, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Alabama.
4. What is it called when someone throw’s toilet paper on the house?
5. What is that bubbly carbonated drink called?
6. What term do you use for gym shoes?
7. What do you call your grandparents?
8. What do you call the thing with wheels used to carry groceries in the supermarket?
9. Be a wizard or vampire?
10. What do you use to change channels on TV?
11. Choose any book and read a random passage.
12. Do you personally think you have an accent?
13. Say any 3 words that come to your mind.
Here is a video of popular YouTuber doing it, you can use it as an example and inspiration, but try to be a bit creative and make a better video!
And that’s how you take the traditional challenge! Now let’s take a look at the brand new, more exciting tag.
The Ellen Show Accent Challenge
Like we said, this is the newer and in my opinion, more interesting and funnier version than the traditional one.
All you need to do is mimic accents from all around the world. Someone needs to write a number of different accents on cardboard or papers, and then the other person has 45 seconds to say something in that accent.
Here are some accents you can use: Scandinavian, London, NYC, American, Australian, Russian, Colombian, Glasgow, Dublin, Korean, Scottish, Welsh, Pakistani, Indian, French, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, Latin, Canadian, British, Texan, Yorkshire, Chinese, Brooklyn, Irish.
That’s it, let me know in the comments which one you are going to us (or maybe both?) and if you make a video please share it, good luck!