YouTube happens to be one of the best websites for listening music.
This might at first seem odd as YouTube is primarily a video-sharing website. Nevertheless, it outdoes a lot of dedicated music websites in the scope and quality of its content.
Sometimes, when we are listening to a song on YouTube, we may find ourselves wanting to download it as an MP3 so that we can listen to it offline and on other devices.
YouTube itself does not have an option to do this within their website, but luckily for us, there is a host of different reliable YouTube to MP3 converters available online and as a software.
To help you get the most out of this, we have prepared a list of the best safe YouTube to MP3 converters so that you can get an idea of the different features each of them offer.
Best YouTube to MP3 Converters Online
Why I Like It
- A very simple and minimalistic interface which focuses on getting the job done
- It’s fast and doesn’t have a lot of ads
- The option to save audio in a variety of formats, including MP3 and MP4
The first site we have on our list is a one that is very simple and to the point. Where other programs may try to wow you with the number of options and the amount of customization they have, YTMP3 just focuses on downloading and converting.
It does this really well. While you are watching a video (or listening, rather) and find yourself wanting to download it as an MP3, just copy the URL into this converter and in a few moments, you will have the file ready.
This simple site is wonderfully efficient at what it does. It does not have any unnecesary features, and that is why it is so good at what it actually is.
That’s why we consider it to be best YouTube to MP3 converter online.
Why I Like It
- Completely free
- A minimalist and aesthetically pleasing design
- Ability to download videos both as videos or just audio
- Does not require you to download any separate software in order to use it
It is completely free, and the simple way it is designed ensures that you will make no mistake in using it. All you have to do is paste a link into the required field and select whether you want to convert the video to MP3 or MP4 format.
Converto is definitely one of the better online services which allow you to download and convert YouTube videos. It is rare to find such a website that does not bombard you with a thousand ads every time you try and download a video.
It is definitely something to try out since you do not need to install a separate program to use it. Converto is the perfect option for the casual user who only needs YouTube audio converter without any extra fluff.
Why I Like It
- Support for all popular audio formats
- There is no requirement for registration or downloading any software: it is online and hassle-free
- You can use Y2Mate in all web browsers
- When you are done, there is an option to upload the final product to Google Drive or DropBox so that you can access it from all of your devices
Now we move on to another web-based converter which, like the last one, gives you an option to save your chosen video as either an MP3 or MP4 file.
Like Converto, it is also incredibly simple to use, requiring you to enter the URL of the video you wish to download or a few keywords which will then allow you to select the video and download it.
Y2Mate is a bit less flexible than other online video converters, as it can only download and convert videos from YouTube, and not from other sources such as Vimeo or Dailymotion.
A fault that this website has is that it does not work that well with Android, but there should be no problems with it on other devices.
Without the need to install any applications on your system, featuring the ability to store the videos you converted online, and the option to use it in all browsers, Y2Mate is an amazing little tool that you can use to download and convert YouTube videos.
4. Online Video Converter
Why I Like It
- No registration requirements so that you can use it right away without any hassle
- No limits on how many downloads and conversions you can perform
- You do not need to install any software to use it
- Works well across all web browsers
- Online Video Converter’s Conversions are very fast
Here we have another web-based video converter, this one featuring a very simple interface that is easy to use and gets the job done. If you have not noticed, this seems to be a trend with these web-based video converters, and it is a nice trend.
It allows you to convert YouTube videos to different kinds of video formats and download them. For this list, however, the chief thing is that it supports MP3 conversions.
There is no software you need to download to use Online Video Converter, and the ad-free and accessible website makes it a pleasant experience for anyone wanting to grab a YouTube video on the fly.
Unlike the last one, this converter does work with Android but does not work with iOS as iOS’s default browser has certain software limitations.
Another difference Online Video Converter has in relation to some other is that it can not only download and convert videos from YouTube, but also from several other sources as well.
Best YouTube to MP3 Download Programs
Why I Like It
- A simple and accessible interface
- An integrated search function that saves you a lot of trouble
- Clipboard monitoring—if you copy a video URL to the clipboard, ClipGrab will offer to download it
- A variety of available video and audio formats to choose from when converting
- Ability to choose quality when converting videos which can save space if you need it
If you prefer simplicity over programs which are overly saturated with features, then ClipGrab is just the software for you. Just be sure to disable the bundled installation of the Opera browser and you will be good to enjoy this neat little converter.
To use it, you just copy a YouTube URL to the clipboard and ClipGrab will immediately offer to download the video for you. Alternatively, you can also paste it into the field. After that, you need only confirm that you want the audio in MP3 and click “Grab this clip!”
An amazing feature of ClipGrab is the added search function, allowing you to look for videos from right within the software. This saves you the trouble of having to copy over URLs from a browser.
ClipGrab is the essence of simplicity in video conversion software. Light, easy-to-use, and efficient, it is hard to ask for more.
2. Any Video Converter
Why I Like It
- The option to convert videos to MP3 or a huge variety of other video and audio formats
- Can apply filters and effects to videos, and even trim the parts you want and do not want to download/convert
- The premium version even allows you to remove DRM protection and record streaming video
- Simple to use but gives you the option for more complicated customization
For many people, Any Video Converter is the best video converter all around, and also more than enough for converting YouTube videos to MP3s, although that may not be its primary function.
This software is free to use, which becomes hard to believe after using it for a while and seeing all of the different options that it offers. With this, you can not only download files from YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion etc, but also rip them from discs.
These files you can then save in a variety of formats, even apply filters and effects if you so choose.
Just like with Free YouTube to MP3 Converter, be careful with the bundled adware that comes with this program during installation.
The free version of this program will be enough for most people. This is probably the best all-around YouTube to MP3 converter, so it is really a no-brainer that you should give it a try.
3. aTube Catcher
Why I Like It
- A wide variety of formats to choose from when converting
- A screen recorder option useful for recording either your desktop or a streaming video which you would otherwise be unable to download
- An option to download multiple videos at once by creating text files telling the software what to doConclusion
- An option to create VCDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs
aTube Catcher is another video converter that is filled to the brim with features. Just like Any Video Converter, it can not only convert files to MP3s but also to other audio and video formats. Speaking of, that list of formats is quite impressive.
As is almost the rule with free software like this, aTube Catcher’s installer comes packaged with some adware which you should be careful do disable (although it should already be disabled).
The interface of this program is very simple and unintimidating for new users. It is easy to copy and paste the URL of the video you wish to download and convert, pick a format, and watch the magic happen.
aTube Catcher is a very nice YouTube video converter, checking all the boxes a basic user would need and then some. A treat not to be missed by anyone looking to download some YouTube videos and convert them to the format of their choice.
4. 4K Downloader
Why I Like It
- The aforementioned ability to download playlists, either unlimited (full version) or those with up to 24 videos and without subtitles (free version)
- The option to specify the format and quality of your saved video
- Options to either limit download speed or use a download accelerator for maximum performance
- A “Smart Mode” which will download all videos automatically with the same settings
4K Video Downloader is another free version of the paid software. It is most definitely not the most stylish or aesthetically pleasing, but it gets the job done in a way in which few other pieces of software do.
One feature which definitely sets this converter apart from others is its ability to download playlists. With the free version, however, you can only download playlists with up to 24 videos. Likewise, you cannot download playlists with subtitles.
The free version is by no means lacking, and it should work fine for most people. For those of you who wish to get more out of your video converter, however, you can also subscribe to 4K Video Downloader which usually costs about $20.
4K video downloader may not be the most popular YouTube downloader/converter out there, but with the right settings, it can be a great tool for populating your MP3 library.
5. YTD Video Downloader
Why I Like It
- An included player which allows you to view the videos you are converting
- Option to pause and resume downloads
- Access to several batch processing tools which you can use for editing
Taking a break from all the online converters we have mentioned, we will now talk about a piece of software which is great for downloading and converting videos not just from YouTube, but also from most other video-sharing websites such as Facebook or Dailymotion.
If are someone who wants to grab YouTube clips as MP3s or other formats but also be able to do so with other websites, then this program is for you. Its latest version, in particular, is very stable and should provide great usability.
While not as simple and straightforward as most of the online converters were, we are sure you will find it easy to use.
Unfortunately, the free version does not support batch downloads, so if you do not upgrade to the full version you will be limited to one video at a time. There have also been complaints saying download speeds drop occasionally.
That said, this is a lighter piece of software which you can download and use to convert videos. It will not blow you away like Any Video Converter, but it will do what you need it to do just fine.
Being able to download music from YouTube to MP3 is great and we are lucky to have such a host of tools at our disposal to do so.
All of these YouTube to MP3 converters, whether they are web-based or downloadable, have things which they excel at and areas where they are lacking.
It is highly unlikely that you will find a converter on this list that has nothing to recommend it.
The important thing is to see which features are most important to you and pick a software that most aptly supplies those.